We are going to start offering local small-group walks comprising a walk leader plus 5 walkers maximum. The next walks will be posted on the website and interested walkers will need to email me: [email protected] requesting a place on the walk offered. Please include a contact telephone number. I will let people know by email if they have a place on the next walk. When we have reached the maximum number of 5 walkers, the walk will show 'fully booked'.
We will be adhering to the current Covid-19 guidelines which are valid on the day of the walk without exception. No-one will be allowed to just turn up without an invitation.
Next year will see some changes in the Walk Team as Heather and Stella are stepping down having been on the front line for four years. Penny, Paul and I will continue for a while and are looking for another walker to join us. We’ve managed to get by with only one meeting a year so far, as we find that digital messaging works well enough. I’ll mention some of our tasks in the hope that they excite someone enough to volunteer:
- organising walks offered by walk leaders into a coherent programme
- collating photos and walk reports for publication
- updating the Walks Diary on the website with last-minute changes
- preparing annual walk statistics for the AGM
- liaising with walk leaders about equipment and training
- planning an annual multi-stage long-distance walk
Anyone interested in helping to continue the cherished OVA tradition of guided walks can join the queue of interviewees (I jest) by contacting me at [email protected] or 488739 (or talking to other Walk Team members).